At your own pace, in your own place, you can get acquainted with the RAIN method on the basis of six lessons.
Originally developed by the American Dhamma teacher Michele McDonald, but now used worldwide by various meditation teachers to make classical Vipassana meditation (Insight Meditation) more accessible to people who lead busy lives with all the challenges that come with it and as a way to practice self-compassion in a way that lasts.
The English acronym RAIN stands for Recognition, Acceptance, Interest and Non-identification. In Dutch: Acknowledge, Accept, Investigate and Non-Identify. It is these four qualities that, applied in the here and now, make every moment a moment of mindfulness.
The method supports the practice of Insight Meditation, but is also very practically applicable in your daily life, especially during the tense and difficult moments, when you threaten to react from deep-seated conditionings, which usually only adds more suffering to an already painful situation.
- Step by step all phases of the RAIN method, to finally bring them together in a very natural way of practicing, both formally 'on the pillow' and informally 'in everyday life'.
- The supportive practices that deepen and clarify the Acknowledgment, Acceptance, Inquiry, and Non-Identification steps.
- The opposing forces of RAIN: DROP.
Where the D stands for Distraction, the R for Resistance, the O for Obliviousness and the P for Personification. In Dutch: Distraction, Resistance, Disinterest and Identifying. For many people the usual ways of reacting to adversity.
- How we can stay out of the opposing forces and how to get out of them if we are stuck in them.
- The value of practicing RAIN for everyday life.
- How RAIN can be used as a way to continuously develop and deepen self-compassion.
- This in-depth series is intended for anyone who wants to get acquainted with this accessible but profound meditation method and its application in daily life.
- The meditation is built up step-by-step, so meditation experience is not required.
- However, the series is also very suitable for people with more meditation experience who are interested in this method and for people who practice secular mindfulness and are interested in its Buddhist background.
- The series consists of six lessons, where you determine the pace yourself.
- All lessons are accessible from the moment you start.
- It is recommended that you first go through all the lessons once and then return to those lessons that you would like to hear/practice again.
- Each lesson consists of 3 videos, 2 guided meditations and (downloadable) reflections and contemplations for everyday life.
- The entire method is summarized in two clear diagrams that can be downloaded as PDF.
- Afterwards, if you do not have a Membership, you will continue to have access to all the material for twelve months. If you do have a Membership, the material will remain accessible as long as your Membership is active.
This is what you can expect
6 lessons consisting of 6 recorded lectures and 12 recorded exercises. You will have access to more than 5 hours of footage in which Michael takes you step by step in the RAIN method.
These lessons are recorded in extra high image and sound quality.
Each lesson is supported by two guided meditations in audio format.
You can also freely download these guided meditations.
In total you get access to more than 4,5 hours of guided audio meditations.
Each lesson is supported with reflective texts. In addition, in-depth contemplations are offered to allow the material of each lesson to sink in more deeply.
Online community of participants with whom you can exchange and grow from connection.
There is always an opportunity to share experiences and ask questions.
The entire method is summarized in two clear diagrams that can be downloaded as PDF.
The series consists of six lessons (each consisting of three videos, two guided meditations and contemplations/exercises for everyday life) where you set the pace.
Afterwards you stay – if you do not have a 30NOW membership – keep access to all material for XNUMX months. Do you have a 30NOW membership, the material will remain accessible as long as your membership is active.